BY TARA YAP
ILOILO CITY – A teenage boy died in Sara town, Iloilo province after grounded headphones he was using inside an Internet café electrocuted him Saturday.
Sara Municipal Police Station identified the victim only as a 13-year-old boy from Devera village.
According to Patrolwoman Pat Igcasan, the boy and his friend went to an Internet café to play. But the owner of the Internet café and the boy’s friend had already warned him not to use the headphones of the particular desktop computer because it was not safe.
“But the boy used the headphones anyway,” said Igcasan in a phone interview Monday.
When the boy’s friend saw him shake, the friend tried to help him. But the friend was also slightly electrocuted.
After the main power was switched off, the boy was immediately rushed to Sara District Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Igcasan said the family of the victim will not press charges against the Internet café owner and they will settle things amicably.
Meanwhile, the owner of the Internet café has assured that the boy’s funeral and other expenses will be shouldered.