The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) will be directed to hunt down and arrest the nine dismissed police who have been charged for the killing of four Army intelligence officers in Jolo, Sulu last year, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said Friday.
Guevarra made the assurance now that the Jolo Regional Trial Court (RTC) has issued arrest warrants against the nine accused as well as hold departure orders (HDO) that prevent them from leaving the country.
“The court has issued the arrest warrants and hold-departure orders against all the nine accused today,” Guevarra said. “I will direct the NBI to help implement the service of these court processes,” the Justice Secretary added.
The dismissed policemen are facing murder and planting of evidence charges with no bail recommended over the June 29 killing of Major Arvin Indamog, Capt. Irwin Managuelod, Sgt. Eric Velasco, and Corporal Abdal Asula, who were engaged in surveillance operations in Jolo against suspected suicide bombers.
Charged were Abdelzhimar H. Padjiri, Hanie U. Baddiri, Iskandar I. Susulan, Ernisar P. Sappal, Sulki M. Andaki, Moh Nur E. Pasani, Admudzrin M. Hadjaruddin, Alkajal J. Mandangan, and Rajiv Patulan.
Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Police Gen. Debold Sinas had ordered the nine dismissed based on the recommendations of the PNP Internal Affairs Service (IAS) following an inquiry over the shooting incident.
However, the PNP said it has already released the nine, who have been in restrictive custody following the shooting, since no arrest warrants have been issued against them.