The Philippine National Police (PNP) has so far recorded 42 incidents and 33 casualties in connection with the barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections.
This was bared by PNP Chief Director General Oscar Albayalde in press conference held at Camp Crame on Monday.
Of the 42 reported incidents since the start of the election period on April 14, 35 were suspected as election-related incidents (S-ERIs); seven were validated as election related incidents (V-ERIs).
Albayalde also said the 33 persons who were killed in these incidents include 18 elected government officials (EGOs), six civilians, four candidates, three former EGOs and two supporters of poll bets.
Out of the 126 suspects in the said incidents, 29 were identified, 82 were unidentified, six were arrested while nine were released from detention.
Meanwhile, 32 incidents are under investigation; six are under investigation at the prosecutors’ office; three were filed in court and one was dismissed upon filing. (PNA)