Home » Sports » Boxing » Pro boxing event resumes Jan. 30

Pro boxing event resumes Jan. 30

By WAYLON GALVEZ

 

 

 

Boxing fans will get an early treat as Alphoe Dagayloan of Quibors Boxing and Ben Ligas of the Elorde Promotions face off for the vacant Philippine Championship on January 30.

Quibors boxing manager and promoter Gerry Balmes said Thursday that they are excited with the upcoming event, the first for the year after three local promoters – including Quibors – held tournaments from October to November under strict health measures due to COVID-19 pandemic.

The fight venue is still being finalized.

“Bali yung promotion nila – Elorde – hinamon kami kasi boxer namin ang mandatory challenger,” said Balmes. “After this magpe-prepare na ulit kami for another promotion namin maybe March.”

The 29-year-old Dagayloan, who is from Bacoor, Cavite, has a ring record of 14 victories, three draws and six losses with five knockouts. His last fight was a draw against Carlo Caesar Penalosa February 1 last year.

Ligas, on the other hand, is a 22-year-old boxer from Caloocan City with a record of 12 wins, a draw and a defeat back in June 2018. Since then, he won six straight – the last of which was also of February of last year against Joan Imperial.

The said fight is to be organized by the Elorde International Promotions, Inc. of Bebot Elorde.

The flyweight match up between Dagayloan and Ligas is just one of the undercards of the main event pitting Vic Saludar and Robert Paradero for the WBA minimumweight title.

Last December 6, Quibors Boxing Promotions had a successful five-card event that saw Ar-Ar Andales score a third round technical knockout win over Zandre Padiran in their minimum weight in Rizal, Laguna.

 

 

comments