IMUS, Cavite – A businessman was injured last Monday when stored firecrackers and pyrotechnics exploded in his house in Barangay Bucandala V here.
The explosion prompted Senior Supt. Joselito T. Esquivel Jr., Police Provincial Office (PPO) chief, to intensify “Oplan Iwas-Paputok” or the operational plan to get rid of prohibited firecrackers in the turf.
Brought to Our Lady of Pillar Medical Center in Bayan Luma II in this city was one Wilson Ganon Meterio, 52.
Supt. Redrico A.Maranan, Imus police chief, said that Meterio suffered body burns and is being treated at the hospital.
Maranan said that Meterio had stored assorted firecrackers and pyrotechnics in the house for the revelry celebration prior to the explosion. The police chief has yet to determine if the dangerous “noise-makers” were up for sale.
The explosion happened while Meterio was reportedly tending to his chores near the storage area at 3:30 p.m. Monday.
The explosion impact was so strong as it destroyed a portion of the roof ceiling of the house of Meterio and broke the glass window of a nearby dental clinic operated by one Dr. Sheryl C. Calderon. (Anthony Giron)