CAMP PRESIDENT QUIRINO, Ilocos Sur – At least 21 travelers were injured in a road accident involving three vehicles along a national highway in Barangay Dan-ar, Santiago, Ilocos Sur, at 4 a.m., Thursday.
It was learned that a Vigan-bound Holy Family bus carrying senior citizens driven by Ike Enoja of Sta. Maria, Bulacan, stopped beside the highway.
The oil tanker tailing the bus, driven by Romulo Ontogan, also stopped his vehicle.
However, the approaching Dominion Busline hit the rear portion of the oil tanker, which in turn bumped the Holy Family bus.
Due to the strong impact, 19 occupants of the Dominion bus, including the driver and the conductor; and two passengers of Holy Family bus were injured.
Police said that all the injured victims were taken to a hospital in Candon City. (Freddie G. Lazaro)
Incoming search terms:
- latest road accidents in the philippines (2)
- road accident limay bataan (2)
- tayabas quezon motorcycle accident last may 4 2014 (1)
- recent road accident in the philippines (1)
- news about the bumjin bus accident may 17 2014 (1)