Home » News Roundup » Cook puts out fire in resto

Cook puts out fire in resto

A restaurant employee sustained third degree burns when he tried to take a burning pan out of a restaurant in Pasay City Wednesday. Tommy Nakpil, the 29-year-old cook at Gerry’s Grill located along Blue Wave, Macapagal Blvd., Pasay City, and a resident of No. 3810 F. Nasario St., Bgy. Singkamas, Makati City, was rushed to the San Juan de Dios Hospital.

Case investigator SPO2 Joel Landicho said that the incident happened at about 9:20 a.m. while Nakpil was preparing the wok and ingredients. While preparing the ingredients, the hot oil in the wok spilled over, causing a fire. He managed to stop the fire from spreading by bringing out the burning pan, but suffered burns on the face and the body. (Mitch Arceo)

comments