The Iglesia ni Cristo (INC) is celebrating its 99th Founding Anniversary on Saturday, July 27, 2013, pursuant to Republic Act No. 9645 enacted on June 12, 2009, in recognition of its exemplary achievements “in leading its members towards spiritual enlightenment and good citizenship.” It is a special working holiday nationwide.
The first local congregation of the INC was established by Brother Felix Y. Manalo in Punta, Sta. Ana, Manila. On July 27, 1914, the Church was registered with the Philippine government. In 1915, Brother Manalo, as the first Executive Minister of the Church, started training ministers to assist him in the propagation of the Gospel, and by 1918, they and volunteer preachers had gone to provinces around Manila. On its tenth year, INC organized its first ecclesiastical district in Pampanga. By 1939, INC had expanded to as far as Ilocos Norte in Northern Luzon and to Cebu province in the Visayas, with the addition of 14 districts. In 1946, it reached farther south in Mindanao with the establishment of a district in Cotabato.
When Brother Eraño G. Manalo assumed overall administration as the new Executive Minister in 1963, the Church had established districts in more than half of all Philippine provinces. On July 27, 1968, he officiated at the first INC worship service outside the Philippines in Ewa Beach, Honolulu, Hawaii, marking the establishment of the Honolulu Congregation, the first overseas mission of the Church. Since then, the INC has expanded to the other continents of the world.
Today, INC membership includes at least 110 nationalities. Its phenomenal growth and expansion has been attributed to the zeal of its founder, Ka Felix Y. Manalo, his son, the Brother Eraño G. Manalo, and the current INC Executive Minister Brother Eduardo V. Manalo.
We congratulate the Iglesia ni Cristo led by Executive Minister Eduardo V. Manalo, its leaders and faithful members, on the occasion of their 99th Anniversary today in the Republic of the Philippines. CONGRATULATIONS AND MABUHAY!