Philippines –Donations in cash and in kind to calamity victims are deductible from the income tax returns (ITR) of the donors.
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) issued the clarification in answer to many queries from business and professional taxpayers who wanted to extend assistance to the hundreds of thousands of families who lost their love ones and livelihood when super typhoon “Pablo” hit in Mindanao.
To enjoy the tax deduction privilege, revenue officials said the donation must be coursed through the Department of Social Welfare and Development, the Red Cross and other foundations accredited by the Philippine Council for Non-Government Organizations like the GMA Television Kapuso Foundation and the ABS-CBN Foundation. (Jun Ramirez)
Incoming search terms:
- donation are tax deductible (10)
- TAX ON DONATION PHILS (2)
- representation and donation deduction from income tax philippines (2)
- foundation deductable taxes in philippines (2)
- are donations tax deductible philippines (1)