SAN FERNANDO CITY, La Union – Officials of La Union declared the province under a state of calamity following the devastating effect of typhoon “Helen“ and Habagat affecting at least 13 towns here.
Members of the La Union provincial board passed a resolution during their session presided by Vice Governor Aureo Nisce last Thursday declaring the province as under state of calamity.
Initial report from the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) showed that at least 18,000 families were affected by flooding due to heavy rains.
Among the hardest hit towns in La Union during typhoon Helen and Habagat were Caba, Luna, Bangar and Aringay. (Freddie G. Lazaro)
Incoming search terms:
- pasay City state of calamity 2014 (2)
- state of calamity pagibig la union province (1)
- calamity loan in manila (1)
- is la union under state of calamity in 2014 (1)
- la union declared under state oif calamity (1)