SAN FERNANDO CITY, La Union – Officials of La Union declared the province under a state of calamity following the devastating effect of typhoon “Helen“ and Habagat affecting at least 13 towns here.
Members of the La Union provincial board passed a resolution during their session presided by Vice Governor Aureo Nisce last Thursday declaring the province as under state of calamity.
Initial report from the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (PDRRMC) showed that at least 18,000 families were affected by flooding due to heavy rains.
Among the hardest hit towns in La Union during typhoon Helen and Habagat were Caba, Luna, Bangar and Aringay. (Freddie G. Lazaro)
Incoming search terms:
- bataan state of calamity september 2014 (1)
- pasay City state of calamity 2014 (1)
- pag ibig state of calamity (1)
- lipa city state of calamity (1)
- la union declares under state of calamity (1)