A fruit-loving dog had to have surgery after wolfing down a strawberry… along with the spoon it was served on.
Max the rottweiler had to have an emergency operation after getting the five-inch teaspoon lodged in his stomach.
The 10-year-old’s owner, Annette Robertshaw, of Wakefield, West Yorkshire, said her brother had been visiting her and was eating some strawberries when Max took a shine to them.
He offered Max one on a teaspoon but was caught totally by surprise when the dog gulped down both items.
Max did not suffer any immediate ill-effects but Mrs Robertshaw, 47, took him to her local PDSA pet hospital.
An X-ray showed the spoon lodged firmly in Max’s stomach and he was rushed into surgery to remove it.