COTABATO CITY, Philippines — At least 27 students were injured when a fire allegedly caused by faulty electrical wiring razed the ground floor of the Princess Lawanen Hall (PLH) ladies dormitory inside the Mindanao State University (MSU) campus in Marawi City at dawn Saturday.
Dayang-Dayang Khadija J. Baguinda, guidance counselor of the MSU Division of Student Affairs, reported that 17 rooms were totally damaged by the fire that broke out at around 3 a.m.
Twenty-seven students from the second floor of the dormitory were injured as they scampered for safety, some of them jumping from the second floor to save their lives. They were rushed to the university infirmary for medication, a report said. (Ali G. Macabalang)